Graupner GF-5

Dusty

Well I left some feedback on the RCM&E home page on the advert of New EDF jets from Graupner!

Well I got a refund on the F-35 and got a F-5 instead (f-35 had a broken empeller blade), the f-5 foam was better quality, looks the smae as hobbyking t-38 just comes with different colour scheme, more atractive to say the least. Rated for a 2100 3s lipo I put a Zippy 3s 2200mha 25c lipo in the model, some surgery is needed as the plastic battery holders are small and probably good for a 1300-1500mha lipo.

The model has rudder (with steerable nose wheel), 1 servo for elevator, 1 for aileron via belcrank (this is fate waiting to happen)! The supplied edf unit is powerful and on my lipo I manganed to take off from grass , once in the air the model picks up speed and I was surprised how fast it eccalerated, loops, rolls etc are a piece of cake, flybys are awesome, vertical no problem even with wheels dangling down!

Well lesson learned the bellcrank aliron arrangement wont handle a thrashing in the sky because they have 1 drop of glue on the other end and your left with watching your model fall from 300' flatspin type spiral

http://forums.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/31310/IMG_0545.jpg

Very repairable!Is it worth the £, well, it flies well, powerful, looks abit toyish, servos are cheap considering it has Graupner written all over the model. wont buy another, will rebuild (half way there as its tuff EPP), take the wheels off and hand launch and watch this space... but if I was to compare to this model here :-
http://forums.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/31310/AMX.jpg

The later is cheaper and looks better and OMG it flies like the dogs *

Advert

• 2 weeks later...