Foamboard 1/8 Hawker Typhoon Mk 1b

James Green2

Hi All,

I am finally getting started now on my first build with foamboard and B&Q 2mm underlay foam. I have to say that after a trepidatious start, I am starting to enjoy working with these materials. Still very early days, but I like the way the 2mm stuff can be shaped with heat and it then retains the desired curvature. The Hobbycraft foamboard is easy enough to work with and the paper backing comes away very easily with the iron.  I'll update as I go, with the build.

Regards

James.

IMG_20221023_154649831.jpg

IMG_20221023_154657546.jpg

IMG_20221023_154710442.jpg

• Like 2

Hello James

Thanks for sharing your build and the pics. It looks v impressive, am assuming you are copying some balsa plans using foam. Personally I have never made anything so intricate, all I have done is a number of Ugly sticks and a Wot4, they are fairly boxy :-) Like Martin I just use the edge of the table, never thought of heat for curves, will give heat a try. What glues are you using? Will follow your build with interest, will be esp interested in how it flys.

Best Wishes - John

• Like 1