Futaba 16SZ and Powerbox PBS T250

John Rickett 102

Does anyone know how to register a Powerbox PBS-250 temperature sensor in a 16SZ transmitter.

According to Powerbox they are compatible but I cannot get it to work. I am using Slot 8, although according to the Futaba manual (Futaba) temperature sensors can be assigned to any of the 31 slots, the Powerbox manual (for Europe) says to use 8-31.

Whatever I do I get the message 'Sensor not ready'.

Help from anyone who has had to tackle this before would be appreciated.

Thanks    

Advert

For those who may need to know one day....

The Powerbox Terminal programme is required, connect the sensor via a usb port to the terminal and when the programme starts, select SBus and then move the slider to Slot 3 - that's it for making the sensor Futaba compatible.

In the transmitter, select 'sensor' and choose slots 3 - 7 with the 'temp F1713' option. Now go to 'telemetry' and up to 5 (depending on how many thermocouples are connected to the sensor) temperatures should read.

Annoyingly with Futaba, having previously set-up whether you want imperial or metric units, you are stuck with either one for all measurements, so as I wanted the height sensor to read out in feet, I now have the temperature in degrees F whereas I'm a convert to celsius for temperature but not metres for height. A small burden...    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1