What is 6DOF flying?

Finished reading Martin Simons book on model aerodynamics, in the section on propellers, "The use of a propeller with fully reversible pitch, allowing so called 4D and perhaps 6DOF flying"  . 6DOF is a term I have never encountered and intrigued to decipher, no clue in the book and no other mention. Anyone? Six degrees of flight? Six directions?

A lot of the equations are beyond me ,  however some parts are within my grasp  and very interesting including the vortexes   from wings  affecting tails. I already knew that the convention is for tailplanes to be negative incidence for stability. Mind you my scratch built efforts always have zero incidence  for ease of building and fly perfectly well (usually).

One disappointment is that flat plate wings are totally ignored apart from KF in one solitary graph  which might be KDF as I know it and which I have used. Such a crude section must be beneath Martin!

Advert