Foam builders Fly In/Show 2023, opinions please?

martin collins 1

Fellow Foam builders i would like to get together for a Fly in during 2023 with the hopes that we could get RCM&E to come along, take some pictures and do an article on this alternative model construction technique. I have spoken to Manny at Buckminster and unfortunately all weekend dates are fully booked for the coming season, Friday the 18th August was suggested as being free although i know those that are still earning a crust and haven`t yet had the luxury of retirement may find the weekday a problem.  How many on here would commit to coming along on that date, if not can someone suggest somewhere else and a suitable date so we can get something penciled in. Hands up, if it is a weekend i will struggle for June and July, i cannot believe how much i have committed to already! Thoughts guys, the ball is in your court! 

Whilst discussing foam building with Manny he also asked if i would be prepared to have a table or two at this years BMFA Model Builders show to demonstrate building using foamboard and depron as well as displaying some of our completed models to show what can be achieved on rapidly shrinking purse strings in the current economic climate. I am willing to attend both days, anyone else fancy joining me and showing off your foam built models and demonstrating some of the construction methods? I am all for opening up foam building to a wider audience, looking at some of the great builds, done and in progress i think many will be very surprised. The flying field would be open for our use to demonstrate our planes as well but it will probably be early October so not a date to hold `our` fly in due to the unpredictability of the weather. 

Advert