Tiger Moth Elevator Trim Quadrant

Andy J

Trying to make a 1/4 scale replica of a TM trim quadrant lever as pictured below but don't have any dimensions for the full size item.  Can anyone assist with providing me some approximate dimensions please.

TM Trim.jpeg

Edited by Andy Joyce

Advert

I've got a lot of TM blueprints but I couldn't find the trim quadrant, they are for the Canadian DH82C which might have had a trim tab as opposed to a spring. I did find a 'tab' lever drawing.

The altimeter is 80 mm/3" diameter.

My map is 8 miles to the inch if you can zoom in!

Would have a stab that the trim lever is about 10" from its fulcrum bolt to the shiny knob.

Cheers

Gary

948534782_Picture013.thumb.jpg.ba4ef1948ffcdfe998f6727828d9edaa.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks Gary. All my photos that show the item are oblique, so its difficult to scale. May have an old aero map in my flight bag dating back to the days when I flew a Robin DR400 so will dig that out and see if I recognise the Class A airspace just above your triangular route which should help scale the item.

The limitation wording used to be on the CAA C of A but it's on the LAA system now with no limitations i.e. the rig is no longer used.

There was a weight limit of 70 kg which, happily, I was above (didn't fancy it myself!)

The fine pitch propeller limited the speed as it was easy to 'red line' the engine (except there was no red line, just a blurry tacho needle around 2,500 rpm).