Hall Sensor gimbals - how to tighten sticks?

Jonathan M

Advert

Thanks EB, but that video, whilst showing how to remove the centring spring on the throttle stick and how to increase the friction on the leaf-spring, doesn't give any indication of how to increase centring spring tension on the sticks generally... if this is at all possible?

• 1 month later...

When I fitted my M9 Hall effect gimbles, I did not adjust the spring tension from the factory setting, just used them as is. Just recently one of the springs (aileron stick) broke while in the air, took me about a second and a half to realize what the problem was and managed to hold the stick at centre best I could and worked the aircraft around to a fair landing. Not having spare springs I used one out of the original gimbles and reduced the tension on the three centring controls to their lowest controllable setting, I don't/can't feel any difference in the stick tensions. Now the springs have less stress on them and may last longer, new springs have been ordered and all will be changed out when the new stock arrives.

I mark myself as very lucky the elevator spring did not break.

Dave

Edited by iflylilplanes