One for the historians “Raider 26” what do we know?

Hi all,

I just added another Bowman Models kit to the collation, but it’s one I’ve not come across before so just wondering if anyone here knows anything about it.

The description I have says “ BOWMAN MODELS “RAIDER 26” 24 inch wingspan balsa kit .15 size or electric conversion. Model is a delta wing with ailerons rudder and elevator.

I hope to find out more when it arrives but, looking at the picture of the plan it an F16 ish, jet style sports model, and it the branding still gives the Ipswich address, so I’m assuming its from towards the end of Bowman’s time.

Anyone know a bit about its history, have pictures, know who’s design, or when it came out e.t.c..?

IMG_1429.png

Advert

Hi Roy, I saw that one on Ebay and thought of you and this thread.  I'm very glad the model went to the right home! 🙂.

Like you, the name didn't mean much to me.  I have an ex-bring & buy model which is vaguely similar, i.e. small, F-15 shaped, engine on nose, but the fuselage on mine is much wider at the back.  I suspect it was one of those models that there was a brief fashion for, and several manufacturers jumped on the bandwagon.
Next time I'm where my older models are stored, I will get a picture of mine for you.

Robin

7 hours ago, Robin Colbourne said:

Hi Roy, I saw that one on Ebay and thought of you and this thread.  I'm very glad the model went to the right home! 🙂.

I did wonder if I posted this, how may people would say, “saw that on eBay” or “I was bidding on that!”