Sticky Stuff part.3

Advert

I have seen birthday/Christmas wrapping type paper used in the past, on blue foam in particular. Produces extremely good results, particularly if lightly varnished to seal paper.

A list of outlets and trade names would be useful for the glassfibre re-enforced tapes, particularly for those like me are re-enterants to model flying or live away from the big conurbations.

I had a similar problem with 3m Blenderm, could not find it anywhere. Luckily found a roll in the medicine cabinet, then could not tell the difference from the stuff i had bought (which all seemed to think is inferior).

Erfolg 

I used brown paper to cover one of my early slope soarers. This particular paper had a series of lines and looked like planking - especially when varnished with polyurethane over the dope. The model was all built up - a modified KK Chief.

Someone once asked me where I got that particular type of film and found it hard to believe that it was only paper.

i have a mk1 twinstar covered in brown paper stuck on with watered down pva anc sprayed with halfords celulose primer the plane is standard but seems to fly better it looks much better too. the plane sat in a cold damp garage for a year before i got it but no covering has lifted or wrinkled,the wings are much stiffer and more ding resistant  regards phil