Neuron II LUA script problem

Tim Kearsley

Did you use the Web page to flash the firmware?

What is the problem with LUA, does the ESC just not respond?

I noticed that the web configurator is from a site called FETtec. FETtec appear to make various hardware, including ESCs, together with the firmware for them. We should be able to find out what the update protocol is!

Mike

Hi Mike, yes I used the web page to do the firmware upgrade.  The only "suspicious" thing was that it completed very quickly, though the upgrade file was only a few tens of kilobytes.

The LUA script runs without error but none of the config parameters have any values populated.  I can configure the ESC from the web page so it's no big deal really and it's not as if you are changing the config of an ESC every day!  I just like things to work as they should and it bugs me when they don't!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Tim Kearsley

Just read your post, I dont know if you resolved your problem of upgrade with STK tool. In case of not, note that the manual for the Neuron II  is wrong , it shows that the PWM signal wire (and ground ) being the ones to connect to the STK port for upgrade and config. This is incorrect, it is the S-port wires (and ground) that you have to connect.

Rémy

PS: I have the same issue , LUA script ESC configurator not working on OpenTx!!!

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Just purchased a Nueron II 80 and been following your posts, I have not been able to get the lua scripts to work either, I have the STK tool which is fine. But a more basic problem I have no telemetry from the ESC when using the smart port on a R8 Pro receiver.

Any help appreciated.

Ian B

7 minutes ago, Tim Kearsley said:

A quick initial thought Ian, have you run the "Discover sensors" from the telemetry screen on the Tx?  The sensors don't show until you've done that.  Apologies if you're already aware of that!

Hi Yes I have done that and no additional sensors are found. On the original version of the Neuron which works with Bl Heli software there was an option to turn on telemetry and wondering if i have missed a step with the STK tool or if I have a faulty ESC.

On 15/11/2023 at 09:15, Ian Bagshaw said:

Thanks think all sorted now turns out the smart port on the R8 Pro isnt working! One last question, on the Neuron II, should it count the battery cells as other esc's do? This one bleeps once and works fine just wondering?

Ian B

I can confirm that it responds with just one beep Ian.

• 1 month later...
On 20/08/2023 at 13:49, Tim Kearsley said:

OK, solved this now.  Despite the FrSky docs clearly showing the PWM wires being used for the connection to the STK, it is, as Mike suggested, the S-port that is used.  Having sorted that, I updated the ESC firmware to the latest.  The reason for doing this was that the comments against the firmware suggested that it might fix the LUA config script not working on OpenTx radios.  Sadly, this is not the case.  I can update the config using the STK but it would be rather more convenient doing it from the Tx.  Still, I can live with that.  Thanks to all who offered help. 

Tim,

I am trying to update a neuron II at present, without much luck.

Would you care to contact me to discuss.  [email protected]

Brry Cole.

It turns out that I was not updating the firmware, as  had not ticked a tick box. That now sorted and the firmware up to date.

The Lua still does not work with OTX.

When you download the latest firmware, it says that you must use the latest LUA, but there is only one dated July 23.

What planet are FrSky living on.

BC

Edited by Barry Cole 2

On 14/01/2024 at 21:06, remcat said:

Try this :

For break of: On webpage Configurator, disable "soft break" enable "3D"

I have already tried that, and it did not work...

I have just heard from Rich at T9, that FrSky have acknoledged that there is a problem, and are working on revised firmware.

Happy Dayz.

BC

Edited by Barry Cole 2
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I've just installed a Neuron 2. 

Tarannis 2019 on opentx

R8 pro access.

In my receiver I selected Fbus protocol.

I plugged the yellow Esc wire and ground into the sport connector on the receiver (down by the antennea on the R8).  The Neuron instructions are wrong on the wiring - use the sport down on the multi pin socket.

Full telemetry works.

The lua script on my tx works.

Full integration and telemetry runs perfectly over single wire Fbus protocol.

I did update the esc firmware with the STK tool.

Hope this helps,

Pete.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get hold of a radio with Ethos. With this and a receiver capable of F-Bus, it is possible to make adjustments to neuron II settings.

By setting the soft brake to 100%, most of the braking is removed, but not quite all that you would expect with "Brake Off"

They still tell me they are working on new firmware, but no idea when it might become available.

BC

Edited by Barry Cole 2