Clacton Airshow Today

Cuban8

27 minutes ago, Jon - Laser Engines said:

Am i too much of a nerd to know ahead of time that their 'Merlin formation' of mustang and spitfire is not a merlin formation as the spit involved will have a Griffon? 

Yes.................😉

BTW, the live stream will be available for a further couple of weeks after today

1 hour ago, Geoff S said:

Thanks. Pity the visibility isn't a bit better - summer weather!!

Numbers spectating look to be well below previous years. I'm quite local to 'Clackers' but the last time we went it was total chaos getting out of the town after the show. Never again. Just had the Lanc fly over us.

1 hour ago, Jon - Laser Engines said:

Excellent. 

In fairness they did talk about it in commentary. I have had to switch it off though as they kept playing loud music over the engines and i got upset. 

I'm afraid the music industry elbows itself into everything.  I've had to switch off lots of documentaries on the iPlayer because the music is so intrusive and most films etc have too much music and far too loud.  I think it dates back to the days when films were silent and a very skilful pianist accompanied the on-screen action.  The music persists despite its not being needed.  Radio is even worse for older people with impaired hearing - or anyone with hearing problems.