Jeti beeping confusion

Graham Bowers

Hello, it's me again!

I'm getting my next model with Jeti ready and have hit a brick wall.

It's a Sebart MythoS with REX10 that's powered with a 2S Lipo via a Powerbox Digiswitch.

When I power up the model the servos work, however the Jeti beeps at me. Try as I might I can't find what it's trying to tell me. I read about the Morse alarms however in Timers/Sensors - Alarms, morse alarms are off.

A picture is worth a thousand words, it's said.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ExsOyN885nk

Any help gratefully received!

5 minutes ago, Trevor said:

Are you sure the transmitter isn't in range test mode?

Trevor

Good point @Trevor. I hadn't twigged that sound is used to indicate range test. It's not in range test mode and here's why I say that:

I hadn't selected range test mode.

I then tested. Starting with Tx and Rx powered down, I switched the Tx on, then Rx and the beeping started. I navigated to the range test screen and the range test function had a "X", so not enabled. I waited until the beeping stopped, which it does after a few minutes. I then selected range test mode, so the function was "ticked" and of course, the same beeping started. I deselected range test mode, and it stopped immediately.

For completeness, I then: Starting with Tx and Rx powered down, I switched the Tx on and navigated to the range test screen. Range test was not enabled. I then switched the Rx on and the beeping started, but the range test screen still indicated range test not enabled.

13 minutes ago, Alan Hilton said:

Can’t see the rx properly but have you left the bind plug in ?

YES!

Many thanks. Take a bow, that man.

I just removed the plug and no beeps.

Schoolboy error on my part, never to be repeated.

I've never had to use a bind plug before Jeti so for some reason I can't fathom, I left it in on this, the second receiver I've bound.