Technical issue with RadioLink AT10 II Transmitter

amv495

I have a RadioLink AT10II transmitter and when power is on, there is nothing from the LCD panel. I have updated to the latest firmware but still no luck. Has anyone had this problem before? 

I think it could be a problem with the LCD panel itself - has anyone any advise on testing an LCD screen?

Thanks 

10 hours ago, Denis Watkins said:

Screen Lock

And Screen Brightness

Look in the manual or YouTube

Hold down the round pushbutton on the bottom right

Thanks for taking the time to reply - I tried this but still no luck. I had a look at the manual to change the brightness. I can hear the beeping tones but no change in the LCD.

Tranny still within guarantee period? Even if not, don't be fobbed off by the "it's out of guarantee period, there's nothing we can do" stuff. Presumably, you bought the TX new from a UK dealer, in which case they are obliged to supply you with a product that is fit for purpose and doesn't fail within an unreasonable time even if outside the gaurantee period. An R/C transmitter is a portable item and should be expected to endure a reasonable amount of fair use without failure.

I'd not be happy with a tranny that failed within say three years of purchase and which couldn't be put down to fair wear and tear or misuse. Dropping the TX or wear on stick pots wouldn't be a fair complaint to try and get a replacement or repair. A bad screen is another issue - and I'd argue that a faulty screen would be due solely to a manufacturing fault unless the TX had been dropped or left to overheat in the sun or in the case of a touch screen, it was clear that it had been operated roughly etc.

Depends if you can be bothered to follow it up with the supplier and the value of the item versus the hassle factor. It's worth a try. Good luck anyway.

Edited by Cuban8
  • Like 1