Plan drawing

Oscar Smith

Advert

Do you want to hand draw or go the CAD route.

If you go the CAD route a great package is DevCad. It lets you import image files and allows you to draw over them.

You could take photos, (OK a plan view might be a problem) and build up the structure.

You dont say whether you are an experienced modeler or not, but would suggest you have a few models under your belt for no other reason than you will have a better idea of what goes into a build.

One last thing, dont reinvent the wheel, look at existing plans and see how the designers do it.

Andy

PS just found this

Oscar

The X-list guys are not very quick usually, it's a part-time thing and they wait until they have a few plans ordered before they get them printed and sent out.

That said, I have bought a lot of plans from them over the years and they have never let me down

Bert

Hi Oscar, re. drawing plans, I'd definately go for hand drawing, 'cos you can start right away, without learning a computer package. I'm an architect, so, I do know what im talking about..If you want some detailed  notes about technical drawing, I'll be very pleased to help.                                                            ernie

Oscar Smith wrote (see)

Hi Bert,

Thanks alot. THis is a great help to get me started. I will be ordering from then and then doubling the size to 84 inches. This sounds like a decent size.

Oscar

Good luck with it, Oscar. You may have have to improve the accuracy of the plan but it will give you a good starting point. Please let us know how it goes.

Bert