Multiplex C of G Gauge

Biggles1961

Hi All,

Hope you all had a great Christmas, and got some new 'toys' to play with.

My girlfriend has given me a Multiplex C of G Gauge as a pesent. I have put it together, and have this question - What is the correct position for the scale transfer to be attached.?. The scale supplied starts at 30mm, so should this be positioned 30mm from the centre of the support rails?, or, as the balance weight is heavier than the stop bar, should the scale be offset from centre position?. Hope someone out there has assembled one of these, and can help me.

Thanks for reading this.

Chris.   

Advert

UPDATE:-

I thought Multiplex items were supposed to be good quality, but this gauge is far from it!. I have been unable to establish a centre point on the balance arms, due to excessive binding within the plastic support mountings, and the locating pins themselves. After a lot of filing and fettling, the arms are now fully free, and I can (hopefully), work out the correct position of the scale markers.

Not using or having acess to a Multiplex "thing-me-a-bob", I use the a well designed "Erfolg Patent -Pending" device.

Consists of  two dowels about 4 inches apart, with one end of each dowel glued into a hole in a peice of timber. I have a second patent-pending improvement, which are two knive edges which fit over the dowels.

You place the timber base on any flat surface. Place your model on the dowels at the CG point, if it balances horizontally, using your eyes as the measuring instrument, all is happiness, if not add weight to the extremes of the model to balance.

I also have a "Patent-Pending" incidence device, which is feindishly sophisticated, comprising of what appears to be sticks, to those lacking in the art of elegance.

Erfolg Patent-Pending 

Hi Geo,

Thanks for info. Yes instructions do state push the stop against support arm, and mark the front for 45mm mark. Pushed mine against the stop, and checked the measurement, and found it to be only 40mm. (Front of stop, to pivot point). Also have filed down balance weights, so they are now the same weight, as the stop bars, they are supposed to balance. All in all, a very pretty piece of kit, but with many annoying flaws.