He 162 Paint Jobs

Erfolg

I have started a design/build of a He 162. At present it is going at best OK.

When finished the model will be small, on those grounds alone, I would like a esy to see paint job.

Most paint jobs I have seen are pretty much the same. However I stumbled upon an image on a plastic kit, which is painted up like a JG 44 Reb and white home base recognition stripes. Is this a purely fanciful artists licence, it will help sell the kit job?  Or was at least one painted up in this manner?

If this is not real, is there any paint job that is better than the standard dark green + black green or Light grey + dark grey standard RLM type camouflage patterns.

I have read that in the latter stages of WW2 that the RLM relaxed its specifications, with many aircraft having multiple paint jobs, driven by what the contractor had access to.

5 hours ago, Erfolg said:

If this is not real, is there any paint job that is better than the standard dark green + black green or Light grey + dark grey standard RLM type camouflage patterns.

I have a few He 162 schemes, but they are all variations on the standard theme.

This from Ullmann's Luftwaffe Colours may be of interest.

IMG_20231207_190934843.thumb.jpg.7be480922b3a4a2e47dac7a46872b908.jpg