Galaxy Models Mystic - a build VLOG

As promised, the build or should I say restart of the build has taken place and videos will soon follow. I'm probably going to have fewer than my VLOG of the WR FW190 mainly because that one was primarily aimed at building newbies whereas this one is pure self indulgence! 

I stopped the build last year, can't remember why, but I had assembled a large part of the fuselage and had built the framework for the tail feathers so this VLOG will pick up from where I left off. Now those who have followed my YouTube channel will know that my intention is to power the Mystic with an old Laser 150 V twin which, to be honest, has seen very little running time and it will be mounted upright with the pots in the air. Why am I doing it this way? well it's because I want to have a bit of a Mad Max theme to it, so not only will the pots be upright I am planning to run the exhausts through 2 alloy tubes running down the length of the fuselage, a bit like some of the SE5a had, and maybe even terminating them with fish tail ends. The cockpit may well be open rather than the fully enclosed one provided in the kit and the wire U/C will be replaced by a Carbon Copy straight leg version. Now this is maybe the reason why I stopped the build last year because I couldn't decide on the U/C and in order to mount the CC one it will need a ply mounting plate but that can't go in until the fuel tank is in place the position of which is determined by the location of the engine! Fortunately the Laser's dislike to fuel tanks mounted too high won't be an issue here!

So that is where I am at the moment, I've just ordered the U/C so hopefully Stuart can get that to me within the next week but in the meantime I'm busy sheeting the tail feathers, that work being the subject of the first vid.

Watch this space.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...