Any ideas?

steve troke

Advert

Steve, both radios are very good. I don't think there's a bad radio on the market. I've got the Futaba FF7 2.4 Ghz and where I fly, there are beginners using the Spektrum dx7. The Futaba comes with a 1 piece receiver, much like its 35Mhz cousin, but smaller, while the Spektrum comes with a "2 piece" receiver. If you got space inside the aircraft, it's not a problem, but if like the "Limbo Dancer", where there is no space, the Futaba receiver wins. Now it's up to you. I always go for Futaba.

Steve, if you are a complete beginner and going to join a club (I hope!) then I'd check what the instructors in the club are using as you could then use a buddy lead, which is a great way of minimising the rekitting incidences whilst training.

Futaba and Spektrum are both good sets, but again if the club is predominately one or the other you will find more people to help you with the programming if you buy the same set as they are using.

thanks guys....youve really been a help,last week i owned a hobbyzone electric park flyer.cant belive how much ive learnt about planes ,engines,fuel,radios ,servos and everything else that goes with rc flying in just one week,all becauce of a christmas present from my wonderfull girlfriend (wot trainer)...thanks again guys espeically you victor,your a star.

I was looking at the 6 channel range but same applies to the 7 I suppose.

As Timbo said the price difference in rx is quite big Spektrum come in at about £35-40 where as futaba more expensive.

My other chain of thoughi s that alot of the heli models (Blade range) and micro stuff ( vapor and ember) comes as bind and fly. This is to a Spextrum Tx. So you could be saving money later to as the .

Having said that i went and bought a Futaba 6ex 2.4 as i had the 35mg version and was happy with it. If you are on buddy lead this can sway the vote even more as said earlier.

Wish I had got the speky now. Oh well anothr learning curve!!!

Thanks Steve for the compliment, it's always a great pleasure helping others, new comers or not to the wonderful world of model flying even from so far away.

This morning I took my new Ultimate and did 4 flights, went home to eat and back again with the Magic Extra 300. While my son was flying the Extra, I went out with a beginner flying a Hangar9 "alpha" powered by an Evolution 46 and Spektrum 6 radio.

Steve take care and in case of difficulty write and ask .

• 4 weeks later...