Why Do I Do This? Start To Build Another Model Before The Current One Is Finished?

Hi

I’m terrible for multiple projects on the go but am currently resisting the urge to start another.  I want to get all the current ones flying before I start a new project.  We’ll see.  😂

Advert

On 03/04/2024 at 11:04, Don Fry said:

I’m in both camps, depending on the cycle of my mind, get on with it, or I really want one of they, and I want it now. But one thing strikes me, over the years, sometimes a build stalls, because what you like just alters.

I’ve got a Top Flite P 47, wood finished, glassing nearly finished, all servos etc have been fitted, fettled with control rods, ditto motor, ditto undercarriage and it needs painting and fuel proofing. No issues, nicely made.

No longer interested in flying or maintaining that sort of model. I’ve been staring at the fus, standing on its nose in a corner by the central heating boiler for 15 years.

Same same but with a TF Corsair.  I think it will be a flying brick using the kit wood etc so have largely lost interest.  Wife bought it for me from Alans Models in Whitley Bay 30 yrs ago when I first met her.  I knew she was a keeper at that point 😂

Its my longest running ‘forever project’

• Like 2