Fairey Barracuda

Gemma Jane

Looking for a source of either original drawings or scale plans of the Fairey Barracuda, any interesting photographs or anything else people might be able to help out with. Currently searching the net so not really looking for links, looking more for the sort of thing I won't find on the web.

Many thanks

Advert

Gemma, there is a plan on the X - list for the Barracuda, RC 1095 from November 1970 I don't know the size. Also a pseudo Barracuda called Paracuda, ref. RC 1663 50" which is semiscale in the old RCM&E plans handbook.

There are eight references to old plans, mostly quite small (7 rubber powered, one 0.49, all  free flight) in 'Flying Model Warplanes' by John Fredriksen, published by Air Age, but I fear that these  may now be well out of print. How about Profile Publications?

There is also a good article with 4 photos and a small drawing in Putnam's 'The British Bomber since 1914'

Hi Ernie, I've a feeling I first came across the Barra in an article published in aeroplane monthly, have to see if I can find out which issue it was it must have been a few years ago now.

Your right google turned up a lot of interesting stuff, including some useful and large three views