Some projects that have hit the back burner of late.

toto

Advert

Toto,

Just looked back over some of your posts and noticed you used epoxy "finishing resin" and not epoxy adhesive. As the name says it's for finishing as a thin skin not as a primary adhesive. It will set but does not impart much structural strength. Your "micropore" tape looks nothing like the micropore I've seen. It's normally more gauze like in appearance and does not need scalpel nicks for anything to penetrate. Yours looks like "zinc oxide" tape (ZO on the box). Hope your materials give the result you want.

Edited by jrman
Extra info.
  • Like 1

Hi JR Man

Thanks for pointing that out with the finishing resin. I was not paying attention there at all. The strength in the " wing join " will mainly come from the tight fitting ( epoxied ) wooden dowls that were forced into the predrilled holes in the foam. The micropore ( or whatever ) in my opinion is just a secondary means of joint strengthening. 

However, now that it's been pointed out, I will make sure that I use full strength 30 minute epoxy for the hinges.

Thanks for catching that as it was indeed a mistake on my part .... the intention was to use 30min epoxy.

Another senior moment I fear.

Cheers

Toto 

Edited by toto