Yet another "What model next?" thread

Hi All,

I know this has been done to death on most mdoel forums out there, but nevertheless I'm still not sure what to get next.

I first started flying a few years ago, and got proficient solo. I then stopped flying for a few years - lifestyle changes meant i got had no time.

I've recently started flying again, and now have my A certificate. I've currently got a Black horse models Twister, which is I think an ARTF copy of a precedent fun fly. It's a low wing sports model, 40 sized, 56" span.

I realise the twister still has a lot to offer, but, i want to start building a new model. I really enjoy building - yet time constraints mean i'm unlikely to finish whatever i choose to build for a few months - hopefully sometime this year though!!.

I think where I ultimately want to be in RC is precision aerobatics - not 3d really. So i'm looking for a model which fits that.

I'm also wanting something a bit bigger than the twister's 56" span, and a bit more powerful - perhaps 70-90 sized two stroke.

Does anyone have any recommendations? MUST be kit or plan, i do not want an ARTF.

It needs to be easy enough to fly for someone who passed their A certificate 6 motnhs ago.

I'd prefer a built up wing to a foam cored one.

So far my shortlist contains the following:-

- Terry Westrop's Loaded Dice II plan

- Chris Foss Extra Wot (although i'm put off by the cost of this, and the foam wing).

Any other ideas are much appreciated!

Thanks

Jon

Advert

Hmm, tough one Jon ...you'd be spoilt for choice on the ARTF route but can't blame you for wanting to make your own - much better except it restricts choice in this day and age.

You've chosen two good ones yourself, possibly an Acro Wot too? Chris Foss should be launching the Mk2 Acro Wott soon.

Can't go wrong with a pattern ship, I've flown the Fellowship this last year and although it's not in the same league as the Loaded Dice, it's precicse, smooth and very satisfying to fly.