JR DSX 12 2.4 12 channel

Dave Wilshere

Guys

Been using the DSX-12 since just before Xmas, great radio with features I've still not discovered!

True 12 proportional channels that you can adjust for speed and travel, LST trim feature where the trim only moves the centre point, and leaves the overal travel the same each side (great for no binding) Servo speed adjustment on all channels, the list goes on.

3 modes for Aeroplane, helicopters and gliders, 50 model memories...it's a dream come true!

Dave Wilshere

Advert

David

I've not used the PC kit yet, I've not even opened the bag with that and the instructions, I don't really have the need to store details on a PC.

I'm sure some of my techno customers have used it.

There are great helicopter features (for your brother!) like cyclic rings that stops binding without a circular ring glued to the stick housing.

Dave

Morning, I've been following the progress of this new radio for a while now, & was interested to read Daves comments, it certainly sounds a fascinating piece of kit.
   Then however I started looking around a few of the online retailers at pricing, my closest shop (SMC) are showing the 2.4Ghz version at £1699.99, some way below the RRP, which is obviously a 'good thing'.
   I then started looking at a few 'foreign' sites, in the US for instance, the first site I looked at, & one that I have used before, exactly the same spec & content (ie. Tx & Rx only), is priced at $1499.99, which at todays rates comes out at £1024.76.
   How can the importers possibly justify this huge price hike for an identical product? That's at retail price, if you consider the RRP (£2299), it looks even more outrageous.
   I realise that I would need to take into account import duty & VAT, plus all the alleged points the importers will throw at you about features being unique to UK etc, but from experience, I know that isn't a problem. I love my JR kit, but I wont pay the current importers ridiculous prices for the privilege, my US import PCM 9X (or more properly 9303) is still going well, & on the only occasion it did fail, those really helpful guys at SMC fixed it in no time with no fuss, QED.

There, I feel better now

Ian.

• 8 months later...
HI  guys, have been flying with my dsx 12 and loving it.

But  I want to use the new on stick trims to do snap rolls and it seems logical to do one snap in one direction  pushing switch one way and the other way to get a snap in a different direction and not have to use the flight mode switch to  alter the direction.

Any suggestions please. It takes me a long time to learn a new radio !!

Dave Hamilton

• 3 weeks later...
Posted by Dave Wilshere on 13/01/2009 12:05:00:

David

I've not used the PC kit yet, I've not even opened the bag with that and the instructions, I don't really have the need to store details on a PC.

I'm sure some of my techno customers have used it.

There are great helicopter features (for your brother!) like cyclic rings that stops binding without a circular ring glued to the stick housing.

Dave

Hi Dave W,
I'm curious, what do these "cyclic rings" do?

Posted by Phil Wood - Moderator on 10/10/2009 02:05:47:
It's easy to clock up the number of channels needed if you use a complex system and a top notch model.
Add this up........2 servo's for ailerons = 2 channels plus you can add another 2 for flaps or spoilers.......possibly 2 servo's for elevators although you could use a Y lead
Add in, Throttle, rudder, retracts, landing lights, bomb bay doors, camera switching, brakes,........I think I've just gone to 13 channels. .....and that's before it makes the tea.

Polyphilla.
 Nah-that's cheating, using two channels for one control function!
So, 4 basic controls, gear and flaps, ok bomb doors, bomb release, lights, camera, action...brakes...that's 11..more controls than one has fingers!
And I struggle to remember which switch gives me takeoff flap...