Martin B-26 Marauder

Gemma Jane

Hi all,

Many years ago I was given a box full of magazines which if my memory serves me correctly were named something like 'Scale Modeller'. These were aimed at the plastic kit market and often contained detailed scale drawings. I would assume they were published in the 1970's

I remember in particular several pages in one issue devoted to the B-26, covering a number of variants and providing fuselage and nacelle sections and many detail drawings.

I would desperately like to know if anybody can identify the publication, either the name of the magazine or even better the issue that contained the B-26 article, I would also be very happy if it were possible for someone to send me a copy of those all important pages or offer purchase of the particular issue.

I know it is a bit of a shot in the dark but if you guys can't help I doubt anybody can.

Also as I'm collecting data on the B-26 I have purchased a copy of a drawing credited to W.A.WYLAM, this was sold as a 'blueprint' and originated from Air AGE INC, dated 1944.

Of interest is the title, Layout Plans & Details Martin 'Marauder' B-26D

A D variant never entered service the designation being reserved for the XB-26D experimental aircraft. I would be fascinated if anyone can shed any light on this, it appears the plan depicts a B or C variant with the shorter span, lower wing incidence and smaller fin as compared to the F/G models.

Advert

Hi Simon, for some reason when I go to the site that particular menu is not working, could you post a direct link to the C/L model plans?

The 'missing' article is a personal thing, it isn't just the data which I remember was very good it was also the article that set a seed in my mind that one day I would build an R/C Marauder.

Having now learnt to fly R/C and starting on the build of my first twin, the GWS Lightning, that time has come to start drawing out that Marauder some 30 something years later!

First one is going to be a 1/12th scale foamy to try out a few different ideas, but one day I want a 1/6th scale traditionally built version. During the process I'm building databases for books, magazine articles, plans and websites, so the missing article is getting to me!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi Gemma

I have the plans you looked at-just send me your email addy and the TIFF. images are on their way, just take them to a copy shop and print them.

I am, incidentally, building one from those very drawings,here is a link:

http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=25878

I don't want anything for the plans, just glad to help a fellow Marauder fan out!

I have tons of pictures,scale drawings etc too of this fantastic aeroplane if you want some of those too, let me know.

Regards

Matt