Blizzard for field and slope

Advert

Yes the HS55 are pretty much identical to the Nano-s, although the leads are shorter, but you have to extend them anyway so no difference in this application.

Maidened mine over the weekend, it takes a little to get used to it, but its very tough  as I can't seem to slow it down for landings. I raise the spoilers and it just seems to get faster. Has a strange tendancy to flick roll out of the top of loops power off, but I learned that you have to reduce elevator input as it gets to the top of the loop to stop this. Don't know if its a characteristic of this model or not does'nt do it under power. Once I sussed out how to loop it, it does successive loops very nicely, only loosing small ammounts of height after every loop. Rolls are OK, the stall is a non-event you just loose elevator response. The multiplex connector for the aileron servos shifted on the first hard arrival, but I just glued it back in and it seems fine. Have to check that the battery hasn't shifted after each landing as I tried launching very nose heavy the first time it shifted. Have put more velcro on the battery to fix that. Managed to set up my v-tail rudder the wrong way around  but sorted now. Picks up its heels nicely, no wing flutter yet, but I havn't pushed it to the max yet, makes the nice whistling noise that every one else has mentioned.

Flaps work great for catching lift, I flew from a small hill 10 mins walk from my house and managed to pick up little bits of thermal lift here and there. Its great when you go flying with just one 2200 battery and it lasts 2h of flying!   Motor runs can be pretty short at full throttle or you can laze around on low throttle settings. Is quite thrilling to fly. Looking forward to trying out at the slope.

Tom

andy-i have a 250 watt outrunner-unused - might use that...the lad's are down at the new hartley cliff's as we speak- i've just had a text to tell me a lancaster has gone in(kapowed) all hand's lost...................

ken anderson...........

p.s...the mg servo's i got were £8.00.

Edited By ken anderson. on 11/05/2009 19:05:00

Hi Andy,

We were actually around at the old hartley cliffs near the caravan site as it was a spot on easterly.  Pat Macauley was there althought I missed him and as Ken says Chris with the Lanc.  Verty little damage to the Lanc but it could have been worse in other ways, will tell you more next time I see you.  By the way drop me a text next time you flying and I ll put the olds Pushy Cat in the car for you.  My mobile number is on the back of your club rules. 

Craig 

• 2 weeks later...
Been out with the Blizzard tonight on a flat field in a strong 15 mph wind, wow it really rocks as a hot liner, this is the first chance I've had to fly it in anger, but its really cool. She goes out of sight in a bout 5 - 10 secs on the Tuning motor with a 30C 2200 3s1p LiPo, then you let it dive about 300 - 400 ft,  don't dare any more gives me the willy's and it comes whistling past at a fair rate of knotts, I don't know how fast, but faster than when I had a Twister EDF 800W jet so pretty fast. You then flick the power back on and off it dissappears again, roll inverted and pull through into another vertical dive and repeat until you get worn out or the battery runs out. Landing was very fast even into wind with the air brakes hanging out. Over shot my landing and hit the ground but its a tough little bird, the wing had moved quite a bit but it all straightened up OK and the multiplex servo connector survived as well. When I got home I noticed the wing mount was a little loose in the fuse, but a quick dash of cynao and all is well in the world

Looking forward to afternoons sloping with it tomorrow, I toyed with the idea of taking the motor out to reduce weight for the slope, but to be honest I'm too lazy and will just put a lighter 2s1p 2200 pack in instead, enough to run the radio.

Tom

PS - No wing flutter, I guess the CW Tape fix actually works!