PMP impulse build help

Andy,

Looking really good!

Don't make it too pretty though, otherwise you will be very upset when it gets scratched / dented / lost / broken (delete as appropriate).

Remember Andy Ellison's definition of SLOPE? :-

Smashed
Lost
Or
Pulverised
Eventually!!!!!!

It happens to the best of us.

Good luck and looking forward to the maiden.

Advert

Arrrrgggggghhhhh!!!!!!!!

First major disaster, and its not even the maiden yet.

I fixed the control horns to the control surfaces. I usually keep them close to the hinge line. Now the throws are huge and using EPA or rates just shows the resolution of the HS82mg to be grotty.....

The million dollar question is how far ought I to move them back to tone it all down?

Keep them close to the hinge line otherwise you will introduce unwanted aileron differential.

Try moving the pushrods to more inner holes on either the servo, control horn or both.

Best to keep the servos at full movement in order to keep the controls as soft as possible.

Its done!!!!!!! Crammed all the gear and was unable to balance it. Hugely nose heavy. moved batter as far back as possible and still no joy. Ended up having to bury 20g of lead in the tail to get balance at 125mm from root leading edge. 
AUW 2lb 6oz and very yellow indeed. 

Cant wait for the next chance to maiden it. well, im going to ask someone to do this honour for me, truth be told.

Pic to follow soon......

Ps...Many thanks to Peter and Kenny for all the help, advice and encouragement along the way....

Andy

Well done Andy,

I could have maidened it today for you - been flying for five hours in a 30mph westerley to cure my withdrawal symptoms!

The 20G of lead will provide useful ballast for windy days.

If your Impulse flies half as well as my Bedlam (8oz of additional ballast on board) then you will have a good plane.

If you fancy something small and fast, I can recommend a Multiplex Blizzard - they are quite fun to build as well - 65 notes plus gear and 100mph performance.

Peter,
You have no idea how much self restraint I have had to use to stop me getting a Blizzard.

Got two things to finish off first though. A homespun Chilton DW1 I started see here 

And I have a cub that needs finishing, its been ongoing for over a year!

I have brought the cub in from the garage and am looking at it now....Not sure it is worth a picture though

Andy,

Methinks that you are a little bit more experienced than you make out!

This is about the fifth time I have flown my Blizzard. They are highly addictive and will fly in anything from 10mph to 40mph without ballast.

Loops, rolls and spins are no problem - can't get it to complete a bunt though (bit more weight needed) - and very fast!

Can't wait to get out there again!

What's the weather forecast for this weekend?

Forget the other projects and go get yourself a pet Buzzard!

Peter,

I really have very little experiance both flying and building. Kenny can testify on that!!!

The Chilton  was a mad half hour and really way beyond my skills. I saw a picture on t'web and wanted one...... I suppose it will more than likely never fly or even get finished.

Sum total of models built is a westwings Beguine, westwings Toucan. Arising star, easy glider and a zaggi....

peter-i was there when andy was watching one of our club member's flying a blizzard-we had to screw his eyes back into the socket's-me think's he's got one stashed away ready for the offski(keep's mentioning project x)5 cell lipo's- 500 watt outrunner's-80 amp bec's etc..etc.....etc .............

ken anderson............the spy...........

Ok Peter, as long as you promise not to laugh!!!!

thats it as it stands....Vital stats are wingspan 49 inches.....all up weight minus prop and battery (yet to be decided upon) is 1pound 12 oz......Got a 250Watt rate motor in there already, 2 servos and rx....

If Uncle Kenny can make it fly i might even tart it up a bit.....

Andy,

Nice photo - like the floor!

Cub looks very good and these high wing things, being very stable,  fly well.

Am sure you will get lots of fun out of it.

However, for the slope theses are hard to beat:-

Just like an Easy Glider only a bit faster!

andy/peter................all model's will fly once-the cub will be fine-But methink's peter is on commision for the multiplex people the way he is pushing the blizardo's--he should put his in the post asap so we can give it the once over......................

ken anderson--on behalf of arthur dayley freeman and co................