Two New Receivers from Spektrum

James M

Hi All

Ideally dreaming about what tx to buy next - I say dreaming as the price of them has shot up as the pound has dropped and priced me out the market for the moment.

But I came accross these two on the horison hobby's website

The AR6250
AR6250 DSM2 2.4GHz Full Range Carbon Fuselage Receiver
With a minimal weight of just 4 grams the AR6250 DSM2 6-channel receiver is specifically designed for carbon fibre fuselage installations. Carbon fibre can create an RF shielding effect that can significantly reduce radio range when using conventional receivers and antennas. The AR9300 features an antenna design that resolves the critical issues presented by installations within this type of environment.

And the AR9300

AR9300 DSM2 9-channel receiver optimised for carbon fibrefuselage installations

With a minimal weight of just 18.23 grams the AR9300 DSM2 9-channel receiver is specifically designed for carbon fibre fuselage installations. Carbon fibre can create an RF shielding effect that can significantly reduce radio range when using conventional receivers and antennas. The AR9300 features an antenna design that resolves the critical issues presented by installations within this type of environment.

Can't seem to find them listed on any UK websites to get a rough Idea of price but look good for the glider boys

One question though, does fibreglass shield rf waves in the same way as carbon fibre ??

Advert

Right, having looked a littel closer at these "magic" Rx  units I see that they are nothing more than regular single unit receivers with extended aerial leads as per the AR500 which has one of its aerial halves extended on small bore coaxial lead. These new versions have both parts of the single di-pole aerial on longer leads, with the active tip of the aerial on the end - which still needs to be outside the carbon fibre fuselage.