Hello Everyone

Wayne Byrne

Hello
Well I am a new convert to RC after spending a lifetime making scale static models (airfix etc).
I started off with an electric glider RTF for £45 just over a year ago, and have built a GWS 109 and 190 since. The 190 is no longer with us due to aileron servos being the wrong way round/pilot error/radio problems, in that order. Never the less, flying it fulfilled a childhood dream and there is no going back now.
The 109 is going ok so far though and i have a GAD Typhoon to build.
This RC lark is expensive isnt it.
Wayne

Advert

Welcome Wayne
You have come to play with the big boys now. Make haste slowly and you will be fine. If you think its expensive go back to the 70s, then it WAS expensive. When you have a spare moment put a bit in your profile then we know who you are and roughly where you are. It will help shpuld you have any questions you want answering
Regards
Garry

Hi Wayne and welcome to our friendly forum
Yep, like any hobby - as you get more absorbed by it it gets more costly - but console yourself with the thought that relative to income it is extremely cheap these days to fly average club type models compared to 30 years back.
Please take a minute to read the various threads we have done to help you get the most from using the forum. Also, you may want to consider filling in a little about yourself on your profile page - you don't need to divulge too much - check a few others for ideas - it will help you to get better response from the other forum users. Some of the following may not be totally relevant but below you will find a few "clickable" links to some useful links.

Please read these. 

And here 

And another

BMFA clubs 

Once again, welcome aboard and have fun

Timbo.

Thanks for the welcome gents, i will fill in the blanks and read all the links.
Dont get me wrong, it is only down to it being so affordable now that i have gotten into it.
But everyting is relative, and when you go from spending £40 tops for a kit that will last me months to that £40 for only an airframe. But the other side of the coin, I cant believe that a 120W motor and speed controller can cost as little as £12!!!
Also i have just bought a decent transmitter, and am building up my recievers and lipos so every plane has to have everything bought for it and not salvaged from old planes etc.
Cheers,
Wayne