Long Horsely LMA

Geronimo

i will be there :-)
its My Local LOCAL event only 10 miles away,
i was at Winterton and watched the ground runs tests of Keith Mitchells Hunter,
cant wait to see that one in the air :-)
last year was Brill and its a red Letter day/weekend marked on the calander :-)

Ray

• 3 weeks later...
Keith Mitchell gave a talk at our club AGM last year and said the Hunter would be unlikely to fly at Longhorsley as the strip is too soft and the wheels dig in.

This would definitely be the case if the ground was wet!

You could ask him if he intends to fly on the forum at:
www.largemodelassociation.com

• 2 weeks later...
The LongHorsely Event is my local event,

i will be in attendance but i wont be flying!
if any pilots who will attend the show wish to fly my designs please send me an email to [email protected]
there is not an electric slot planned but as always the Leccy models are on stand by incase the REAL MODELS can not fly due to weather or a failure to start!!!

strange as it may sound.. i have always considered my designs to be a REAL Model !
connect battery pack.. and throttle up.. and Enjoy.. sounds Real Enough to me hahaha

Ray

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
26th, 27th and 28th of May,.....thats this weekend, Yippee!!! Just love this show to bits!! Great BBQ in the evening, cheap beer in the clubhouse/bar and brilliant characters telling all kinds of lies and tall tales..........FANTASTIC.

Hey, RCM&E, get a reporter along there, do a report on the actual club as well as the show, because it's a great venue with a very friendly atmosphere.

• 1 year later...

I went to the show on the Sunday. The wind played havoc but the show went on !!!.

Almost all of the aircraft flew in the most awkward conditions.,but the display was well worth the risks that the pilots took.

I was a bit disappointed with the trade stands. I had money to spend on a new model and engine but the choice was limited . I waited for the teesside show.

Well done to the longhorsley club. The event was well organised, professional and fun.

The weatther next year should be booked well in advance then it will be as good as it gets.