Pulse XT-40

BB

Pulse XT-40 Am liking the reviews.  Have seen the vid.  Am almost SOLD. But, that U/C looks low, too low to the ground !  Is it fibre or ali ?  I'm concerned that it won't take too many heavier than usual landings.  The patches I fly from don't have 'close' cut landing strips, so I think it might need adaption or changing.  I don't want to 'nose it over' if I can help it.  Anyone got one, have expierience of etc..

Advert

Hi Basildon - The review was published in the mag' in Nov 2007 and the video was taken a few weeks ago. The u/c is ali' , very strong and it's done very well in the last 18m or so. The review model had a 4/stroke motor so swings a slightly bigger prop so you can swing a smaller prop if going 2/stroke of course. The model hasn't nosed over at all during the flights I've watched.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME moderator on 02/04/2009 08:06:52

Edited By David Ashby - RCME moderator on 02/04/2009 08:07:15

I've just started flying mine (2 weeks ago + 6 flights) and it goes like a dream,,,,,and a bullit!!!!!!....but at the same time it flys slowly better then my high wing trainer.....the only thing i've found is that it doesn't like to stop flying when it comes to landing and tends to bounce up a bit too much, that said its never nosed over and the u/c is a s strong as an ox....if you can bend it i'd say you've crashed not landed heavily. Maybe i'll get used to that little quirk but it certainly hasn't put me off. Its a peach. I've got a 52 2stroke swinging a 12x5 currently......i have noticed that it will nick the grass if its badly unmown but generally ok. If your strip has longer than normal grass i'd run without the spats but thats about it.....it takes off so quick you won't need to worry about it.

Edited By Paul Corbett on 02/04/2009 13:23:41