R/C Planemaster - HELP!

Norman Webster

I bought this 3 weeks ago and have already had one copy back to the shop for exchange.

Now the second one is acting up in the same way, I've tried it on 2 different PC's so they are not the problem.

What happens is:-

I install it, calibrate the PPM and everything works fine.
I turn off the pc when I'm finished.

The next time I go to use it, the controller sometimes works fully, partially or sometimes doesn't at all.

Also, you can reassign the controls - I wanted to switch the ailerons and rudder to match the 3ch tx my trainer has (no ailerons) so swapped them. This didn't work! It ignored the reassignment totally!

Can anyone help me or has anyone else had similar problems?

Thanks in advance,

Norman.

Advert

Never had that problem. It was a bit of a pig on Vista to get the mouse operating. But the controller seemed fine. I have a spare TX  here if you live anywhere near Herefordshire, I'd be happy to let you borrow.

Can you try it on another machine. Or even a different USB port? Sound liek you've got an interface problem.

Bruce,

I hadn't realised you had to recalibrate if you reassign - I'll have to try that.

Alex,

Unfortunately I'm nowhere near you so couldn't borrow your spare tx. I've tried it on 2 machines and several usb ports!

----

I've also plugged the tx in, checked in my pc control panel to make sure it's working before opening the program. The usual result is that when it "crashes" if I check back into control panel afterwards the tx doesn't work in there either, but if i check the device status it says that it's working fine!

I think I've got two problems :-

1) The software doesn't always recognise that there is a tx plugged in even when my pc does.

2) The tx keeps crashing and disconnecting from the pc.

but no idea how to fix either of them!

Thanks for all the advice so far...

• 3 months later...
I have never had a problem with my OS recognising and storing the settings of my TX but I did have a few problems with the calibration. After one or two or maybe three or four attempts I finally managed to calibrate the TX without a hitch until it came to adjusting weather conditions and crash percentage for other aircraft!. Not only that but my son managed to chew the CD in the drive and it shattered beyond repair! After an hour of careful surgery, I was able to retrieve every part of the CD. NOW, my problem is that after an agitated discussion with the retailer, it appears that I MUST buy the whole package again and the CD alone costs £13. That doesnt make sense? The Original CD and TX only cost me £19. What am I going to do with the spare TX? I know you can somehow play with a split screen two-player mode, but doesnt anyone else think that for the CD alone it is a bit price-heavy? I even made a copy of the CD as aBack-Up but without an original copy, my PC will not recognise it.
Any ideas?
p.s. I just love the Trainers on the CD...the crash realism is so REAL!
hahaha!