Anyone been on holiday to Oz lately?

Advert

Words fail,
We cannot use cameras at our field due to security reasons
Makes you realise why the BMFA want a buddy when anyone is FPV flying, I know this person was not, but if he were would he have see that plane coming, would he have turned his head to the noise, and tried to fly around to see it with possible even worse results, or am I off on a wrong track.

I think Nobby the wrong track.
The point here is that this/these idiot(s) went and did this on purpose. It's nothing to do with FPV or BMFA or anything else. Simply it is someone who has bought a model and gone to a field directly under the flight path of landing aircraft to pull off this stunt, in the process endangering an aircraft and the souls onboard. Hang them is all I can say.

It seems to me that this sort of stupid stunt is becoming a sign of the times.  Dont forget that this reflects not just on Australia but on all modellers world wide.  These people think its a joke to place others at risk just so they can put a sensational video on youtube.  Beginners do not like to be told that there are circumstances that require a knowledge of safety to be thought of.  I was told a couple of weeks ago of a model crashing into a housing estate recently.  The bit that annoyed me was those telling me thought it was hysterical.  No one had thought of the consequences of this action.  Killed or  injured someone, Damaged property, hit motor vehicles.  The list is endless.  What you could bet would happen would be that the local council would not allow model flying anywhere in the county.  Lets start to become a lot more responsible for our actions and be men enough, that when we see fellow flyers acting this way that we have the nerve to approach them and let them know, in no mean terms that what they are doing is cosidered to be unsafe.  We need our flying sites but we do not need these irresponsible people to take this away from all of us.

Edited By Al Dee on 29/04/2009 12:10:51

• 2 weeks later...
talking to a guy in the civil aviation safety authority and he just laughed about it  take a look at the size of the aircraft, it is a long way away from the model ,ok the model may not have been 5 kilometers away from the a/c but it sure was a long way if that model had hit or near missed the jet there would be very little left of it if anything and yet it was filmed on the ground all points a side I think it was very foolish flying a model so close to a international airport in the first place ,in australia you must be 3 nautical miles away from a aerodrome to fly model aircraft and a bit of common sence to go with it, been flying full size commercially most of my life belive it or not you do come across some strange things at times