Britton Norman Islander

Ryan

Hi all

I have just purchased a glass fibre fuselage for the above aircraft that was built from rcm&e plans rc1255. It is only the fuselage and nothing else but I have ordered the plans.

I was just wondering if anyone has any pics of completed islanders or any information they can give me.

Thanks

Ryan

Advert

I Googled Britten Norman Islander and yes there are a lot of pics.
The Islander must be about the most successful financial disaster ever. They have made over 1000 (and still going) but 3 companies have gone into liquidation doing it!
Yesterday I saw a BN Defender (two RR turboprops), just like an Islander but all the wrong noise!

I can't help with this but I think Ryan is asking if anyone on the forum has any information or experience of building a model Islander, not a 1:1 version!
I know Google will throw up some models in the search but, given that Ryan seems to be a new member, I'm sure a show of helpfulness might be appreciated......

Fwiw,

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
It was the model I was meaning and I know there is thousands of pics.

Thanks pete for the above comment I am new to the forum.

I have managed to find some pics and have started the build. So far I have made up the nose and main undercarriage legs all with a quick guess of spring rate and they are making it sit a little high the now but once the engines, tank and the rest of the electronics and cameras go in it should sit a bit better. If not I'll strip them and have to replace the springs.

Edited By Ryan McNeil on 16/05/2009 21:08:31