druine turbulent 1/3 precedent kit

Advert

I think you might be right. I am thinking of using a Saito FA91S as it is within the stated engine size but am concerned that it might be a bit underpowered Also the plans do not state the degree of recommended right engine offset//up/down thrust etc it only states using a commercial plastic mount. Thanks for your imput

Regards Brian Coomes

I may be wrong, but I think the original was designed to fly on a 60 two stroke, so your Saito should be fine. Remember the flat twins, although lovely, do not produce the same power as the single cylinder equivalent. Also the Turbulent is designed to fly quite slowly, being faily lightly loaded-even the full size only used a Volkswagen engine!

• 4 years later...

I built one years ago. Still have it, but need to re-make the u/c, as one spring strut is missing(still was flying with one!), but now needs a whole new bit.

Mine has a Gemini 160 Flat Twin in it, and sounds great, especially on half-power tick-over. If you can afford one, buy one, as it's just so goooood! (The ASP/SC160 flat twin is a cheaper option, £450 roundabouts.)

The one in this photos originally had a Magnum 160 flat twin, eventually it went into a Clipped Wing  Eventually a Gemini filled the engine bay.

Edited By Paul Marsh on 17/03/2012 15:38:15

The Turby is a great plane and I do love mine, its great on a summers day

I would say however that mine has a SC 90 FS in it and to be honest is abit marginal and could really do with a 120 or similar.

The four stroke purring away with open structure and film does sound lovely though so try not to put a two stroke in

Edited By Towlie on 21/03/2012 13:32:41