S.L.O.M.

Advert

Spent five hours on the slope on Saturday.

Didn't even look at my watch, late home for tea, and in even bigger trouble as I was too late to record Robin Hood for my daughter.

Wanted to stay even longer (still had plenty of battery left) and at the risk of devorce, can't wait to go again.

Does this qualify me for SLOM status?

SLOM as well as TOGS.

Recognition at last!

Waitning for my new Buzzard fus to arrive and NOTHING (even divorce) will stop me getting that in the air again!

Slope addiction seems to forego everything else in life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I am just in touch with my inner woman I need to be in touch with my real woman actually about this extra glider I just bought

I like OS maps. Well I like looking at the pictures, I don't really understand them. As opposed to Matthew who is BRILLIANT at reading maps. Why it was only the other month when I believe we were in a different county to the one where we'd so carefully planned

Wasn't it? Flying the recently repaired Blizzard was so much fun until I lost it in the sun. Luckily the ground was there to catch it while I squinted around at black spots. Unluckily it was now doing about 30 MPH We never found the nose cone, battery or attached foam. Being a Yorkshireman, I've marked the spot and shall return in Winter when the Bracken has gone

And how good are those Fusions. I'd have a bit of "slopestooge" and even "slopefetch" early on, but the wind picked up, the thermals started coming and it was all lovely You know you're a true SLOM when you're rooting around in the undergrowth trying to find important bits of crashed model, but actually you're watching the big mouldie going nuts above your head thinking "I want ONE OF THOSE"

I'm terrible. Came home late, missed picking my mum up, stooged around a bit watching the sky before snapping. The EasyGlider was fantastic on my local slope just mooching round in late evening thermal.

I was meant to be riding my bike tonight. I am clearly going to get more fat/less wealthy if this goes on

When I used to race mountain bikes, you always had good excuses for poor performance.I used to try "wrong trousers" or "inappropriate fish supper" to up the ante over boring stuff like bad tyre choice.

Now in modelling there are so many different excuses for stuff that ends with many pieces, sort of glider shaped. I'm saving "radio failure" and "Rotor" for other days.

Maybe last night, on reflection, I'll just settle for "pilot error".

I'll get a new nose on order. This one is a bit red after all that sun. And one for the poor Blizz. I've covered it in a blanket until I can bare to look at the damage in the cold light of the morning

Ah thanks Timbo but a small price to pay. And if I learn the tinyist thing, maybe it'll be one less accident I'll have with something more expensive. That I may be having for my Birthday present

Anyway I'm quite looking forward to* fixing it. FrankenBlizzard shall be back on the slopes soon. And hopefully my "S" will be flying this weekend. And landing beautifully. Notice the total lack of the word "crashing" from this scenario.

Phil - you could be right, it's almost as bad as a bloke admitting to being a bad driver!

* insert the words "some proper qualified adult" here

That's a pretty good representation of how it goes Phil.

I've been looking at a lovely moulded glider. It's not so much the cost of the model that's the issue, it's the cost of extending my workshop so I can live in it when I tell my wife I need another glider

Camping? No it's not got that bad. Yet. Although there was a definite coolness in the air when Mrs L was introduced to the latest model!  I've run out of space and tx memories.  Might have to be one in one out from now on.

Flew some power Saturday, but still managed a good SLOM like performance on my local slope. Had a mate over who wanted to see something fly, so chucked the EG in bog all wind. But we had LOADS of thermal. Got it high, handed over the tx, got it handed back quite quickly

"Not as easy as it looks is it".

When I examine my rambling pantheon of broken gliders, I'm inclined to agree

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...