How high will they go

Owen Hailey

Hi all

Have just got and lost this heli it was a two channel cx large heli from H K and was only £32 and flew like a demond. I had it out side the factory friday and it was flying very well and my work mates were all impresed by the way I was getting on with it, well in the nexed few seconds there was the sound of a real heli over head an it was the air ambulance looking to land on the small medow at the side of the factory, so I had to stop flying and let it land as some one had been taken ill in the factory across the road, any way back to the point of this thread. I put the heli down on a wall, and as I was totaly ingrosed at the euro copter at sutch close hand, I started to chat to my coleges and then the bell whent to get us back into work, and with out thinking I switched of the tx wow the demond ag24 sprang into life and whent up like a rocket ship and fond some wind and lift. I would say it was at well over a 1000 ft when we lost site of it and still going, so if you would like to go for a hight record I would get one of these, as it was the most fun seeing it go I have ever had with my heli's, but I was sorry to lose it but  just as well it was not a lot.

happy days Owen

Edited By Owen Hailey on 02/05/2009 16:28:02

Edited By Owen Hailey on 02/05/2009 16:30:19

Advert

Personally Owen I would be more interested to know:
A)  Where it ended up ?
B)  & what it landed on ?
C)  Did it kill anyone ?

On any electric kit you must NEVER switch the Tx off first !!

Hi lads
I am fully awear of this as I have been flying for a lot of years but I was totaly distracted by the real thing, and in the heat of the moment did the thing we all dread and hay presto it all whent hay wire so to speek, but as for where it whent, it whent over open farm land, very little chance of it coming down on any thing but fields and trees I havent heard any thing of it, so fingers crossed that it came down safe.
happy hovering Owen.

Hi Owen havent been on for a while been training to be an m.o.t tester. with regard to height  tied a reel of cotton around one of my cx2s to check how high it would go and to have some way of finding it if it got away i chickend out at 150 feet approx. I lost it in a tree a whie ago but by flicking he throttle and listening I managed to find it. hope you find yours. Kevin

Hi Kevin
I think the real of cotton would have run out, it was so high and fast and out of sight in seconds. I had all ready flowen it for ten minits and it still had another power to go out of site this heli is the most amazing heli I have owend but that was to be short  lived, happy days. I mite get a replacment as that was a good one.
Happy hovering Owen.

Another problem is that these little helis have built-in batteries that are damaged if they run flat. Even if you could find it, I don't think you could get it to work again.

In bigger helis you would be able to configure throttle-hold so that when the signal is lost it will fall out of the sky, which is better than having it fly to the stratosphere. 

Answering the title rather than the post, take one to the top of a mountain and see how it flies at that density altitude. Provided a helicopter can fly out of ground effect, it will be able to continue climbing until the battery runs out or the air gets too thin or the radio runs out of range. You can test all these things at ground level, except for how it flies in thin air.

just went by the north east coast 10 min's ago...............

check out on u-tube the lad flying a blade cx2 contra from an ocean going liner--how he got it back to the ship is a mystery.........................all credit to him and the little ol heli.....

ken anderson....... 

Hi all
Thanks for all you feed back, all I am getting at work at the moment is lost your choper, and how high is this one ment to go, hope it dose it againas we mised it last time and back to the day job, all in good fun, and a new one is flying in by air mail as we speak, so the morning will soon be over and happyness will be back.
happy hovering Owen. 

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all
I have just got the replacement Ag 24, and this one dose not have the rx problem that the first one had, and flys very well this is a truly nice heli for the money. I have held the heli down and switched of the tx off, to make shore it duss not start up sping if there is no signal, but all  is well, and the range check is fine so all being well I wont loss this one.
Happy Hovering Owen.