North Wales Slope Soarers May Fly In 2009

17 pilots and their friends enjoyed Moel Famau at it''s best today at The North Wales Slope Soarers May Fly In. Bright Sunshine and excelent lift followed a hail storm in the morning and a great day out was had by all.

There was a diverse selection of models from the usual Wild Things and PSS through to a selection of high tec. composite soarers. The walkers and general public appeared very interested in the spectical and patient pilots were smiling whilst attempting to land and answer the usual questions from the interested spectators. At least one pilot was observed giving a young boy his first "flying lesson".

The event was organised by The North Wales Slope Soarers and Tim Beeston ran the transmitter control and made sure things ran smoothly on the day.
Here are a few pictures from today and I intend to post a few more in a day or so.

Regards
John Bowman

Edited By JOHN BOWMAN on 03/05/2009 23:20:44

Advert

No slope underneath but soft heather and as I said ,no model was hurt in the taking of the photograph. Just dropped a wing when the air brakes were deployed as I was taking a "landing" picture.

To prove it here is the Ventus and it's proud owner Adrian.

John