Does it matter what solder i use on deans connectors

Advert

well i had a practice run at soldering my deans ,and all seemed to go well ,ive pulled and twisted the wires as hard as i can and thier still on ,so hopefully when my new lipo's arrive il be fine .i used 60/40 rosin core solder by the way ,also i made up the clothe peg holder as shown in tims post, made it nice and easy 

The solder with silver in it referred to earlier is generally known as LMP solder (Low Melting Point) It is the same as 60/40 solder except it has a 2% Silver content.  I use it all the time. It is particularly good on gold plated connectors because it dramatically reduces the amount of gold that leaches into the solder.

It melts at a temperature slightly lower than normal solder, which is always good on batteries etc.

Another advantage is that as it cools, it doesnt go through the "pasty" state that 60/40 solder does. If a caonnection is moved at all while solder is "pasty" a poor joint called a dry joint results. With LMP, it changes from liquid straight to solid so you don't get this issue.

I know RS still sell it, try a google of LMP solder