Need another model

Advert

• 2 weeks later...
bloomin' 'eck. It's like a black pudding sausage crossed with a GM banana! Any pointier and you'd need some kind of special license to take it outside.

Someone's finished that in the dark haven't they

It's going to be fast though, very very fast. Look forward to hearing how it went.

Canopy? Ejector seat for the RX I'd have thought!

Not sure that I would have used 'tex on the beast - not exactly the slipperiest of coverings - but I guess the colour schem reains that special look of a jart - or a hazard barrier
Now, get it up here to a proper Jart slope and lets all chuck em off a big big  rock
PS dont be bringing that girly pink picnic basket with you now

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 23/07/2009 23:23:56

That looks the biz, Andy - and you didn't have to open a single tub of spackle!

Just make sure the top looks VERY different to the bottom. When it's coming at you at 60+ you're going to need every cue you can get!

Tim - I really don't think that a bit of Solartex is going to slow this one down - there's a big lump of granite that'll do that nicely .

Andy - what's the AUW?

Posted by Timbo - Moderator on 23/07/2009 23:22:20:
Not sure that I would have used 'tex on the beast - not exactly the slipperiest of coverings - but I guess the colour schem reains that special look of a jart - or a hazard barrier
Now, get it up here to a proper Jart slope and lets all chuck em off a big big  rock
PS dont be bringing that girly pink picnic basket with you now

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 23/07/2009 23:23:56

Timbo, there is a rule up here that anyone not eating meat based products on the slope has to have his/her food served in a tarts handbag. Why oh why did i leave mine on show...

Oy none of that metric stuff here sir !
2.65 lbs.... for a Jart ?... 'tis fine.
My LT version is 2.5lbs, and thats a glass fus, so yours is a bit porky for a foamy - but still fine. The heavy jarts are 60oz plus, so providing the conditions are right they will fly at all sorts of weights. matthew Lloyd will be along in moment to tell us how much his weighs

And pinched from Reeds website... the wingloadings chart

Wingloading Specs
  Wing area: 336 sq" or 2.333 sq'
  40oz AUW = 17.14 oz per sq'
  50oz AUW = 21.43 oz per sq'
  60oz AUW = 25.71 oz per sq'
  70oz AUW = 30.00 oz per sq'
  80oz AUW = 34.29 oz per sq'
  90oz AUW = 38.57 oz per sq'

seems yours is somewhere between the 1st and second categories.
I think these loadings are specific to the regular heavy jart, and if your foamy ever ended up at 90oz, then you are in serious trouble!

You know the only sad part? I am going to have to hack into it to get at the servo cabling to the RX. The guy I got it off is a JR fiend and I am Futaba..

As far as I know you cant change the channel assignments on a FF9 so I guess I will have to dig out the RX and swap the plugs around. Unless anyone knows any better?

I don't know anything about Fuby Rx's, but what I do know is that you're going to need a map before you pick up a scalpel!
EIther take it down to A&E for an x-ray, or get the previous owner to find his radio lay-out plan. I have mine on drafting film so I know, roughly, where everthing is. Otherwise you're going to be doing some major surgery there, Andy .
My foam sausage topped the scales at just over 4lbs. That'll be all the tape and brown paper, a fat 5 cell battery, and half a pound of lead in the nose. Lee has hinted that I might try and fly it in sub 20mph winds this summer!

Matthew,

Before I bought it I was given a photo of the internals with a rule alongside. If needed I can post this. I would not have bought it blind, even though it was a good price

Timbo,

I rekon its PPM. I might evec go ang but the corresponding TX crystal and see if I can get something working wihout needed a blade!!! 

If I slave CH3 to Ch1should  that work?

Edited By Andy Freeman on 26/07/2009 10:18:29