Hanger 9 Pulse 60

I am looking round for a nice model to take an OS 60 I have sitting in a drawer. I am drawn to the Hanger 9 Pulse 60 (got a good review earlier in the year). Does anyone have experience of this model, positives, negatives. Anything I should watch for in assembly. Most of all what's it like to fly? Thanks

The Pulse XT 60 seems a little under powered with a 60 2 stroke up front after flying both the Mini and the 40 sized electric powered Pulse. Having said that It does have adequate power for basic aerobatics and general knocking about.

As for landing, once you get used to it, the XT60 can be slowed up that three pointers are easy, in fact if you get too slow it will just start to flop about. If you try to grease it in you will probably  miss the strip a few times.

Rob

I have the 60 version. It is an incredibly quick build, took me 6 hours from opening the box to flying. It doesn't even need any glue!

Mine is powered by a Saito 100. It is a good combination provided you have a slow reliable tick over. Your 60 won't be as lively, but it will certainly fly OK. Hanger 9 have installed throttle snakes suitable for most engines.

Flies very well indeed, and I can recommend it as suitable for all levels of expertise beyond 'A' standard.

As Rob said, the landing does take a little practice to perfect. It's not at all tricky, but it's not a model that slows up easily. It is suitable for short strips once mastered. I come in relatively low and increase the a of a to slow and flare. Take offs are a doddle, but it does need elevator to clear the strip.

The quality is good but not outstanding, I find the wing mounting a bit of a fiddle and not a great fit. First model I've never had to trim though! I paid about £135 a couple of months ago but I see that they are a lot more now. Not sure I would buy one now at that price.

I've got an XT 40 (IC) and its very true they do like to float too much on landing so i've dialed in full UP flaperon which i deploy on touchdown, seems to have done the job a treat....sticks like the proverbial to a blanket now.
It is a great plane all round though...i'd imagine the 60 is as good just a little less nimble. I'd buy another tomorrow if anything happened to it.