Graupner Electro Junior

Alex Leigh

I seem to have bought another glider

From a search, David and others have built them up, and before I go mad ordering stuff, can someone help out with

1) Can I use Hitec HG55s. I've been looking at cheaper stuff from HobbyKing and also 65s which are twice the price. I like Hitec Servos but want to make sure they have enough grunt esp as they are being glued in!

2) Can I use the remains of my bottle of Zakki glue from the Blizzard build? It's basically the same type of foam isn't it?

Timbo has already helped me out with the electric stuff and FrankS reckons I should go for some cheap servos from HK, but I'm wavering!

Thanks!

Advert

I have had some bad experiences with really cheapo servos, and can remember paying a LOT of money many years back for what were simply standard servos. By comparison, todays "good" servos are far superior yet still way way less money.
I just dont like skimping on radio gear on "treasured" models.

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 06/06/2009 12:30:35

Im the opposite to Timbo

Well, in someways at least. Obviously for your Fragile 1000 hour scale jobby (or treasured models as Timbo puts it!) you want reliablity and Security. And the only way to get that is with the brands, such as Hitec.

But on something like your sturdy glider made of EPP, I would have thought you don't really need to go expensive. Sure, don't buy the £1 servo's from Ebay, but you don't have to pay a tenner either. A good medium would be the 9gram jobbies from BRC. I have these in my 60" E-Pioneer and they work fine.

So basically, im telling you that you don't need to spend that much on your things if you can get things just as good for half the price!

Right bought all the bits. We'll see how we get on.  I've gone with the HXT servos as I was already paying a shedload for postage from HK. Bought 5 so I've got a spare.

Got the model now. Oh more foam Looks nice tho. Shouldn't take long to put together when the stuff turns up from HobbyCity.

Ta, all.

Yeah thanks, I'll test the glue then

Bought the charger, then just found the ZIppy Lipos are out of stock for 3-4 weeks. Mailed HK to cancel that part of the order. Irritating as they were showing stock of 2 when I checked out.

What would be the consequence of running a slightly higher mah 2S battery (1800mah compared to 1600mah)?

Got the kit now. There's even more foam in my workshop! Looks good tho, and pretty simple to get done but can't even start it until I have ESC and the servos.

Hi Alex, oops sorry bit late in on this one and good advice all round. The Junior S is an EPO foam airframe so the Mpx Zaki glue is fine, I used it on mine sometimes with a bit of 'kicker' spray to help along - especially when you join the fuselage at the nose. Frank's Sea Fury is std foam btw.  

Mini servos or micro servos are fine Hitec 55's would have been good but any reasonable units. I fly mine on 2S - it seems little better with 3S in fact, see what you think but remember to prop down a bit on 3S or measure the current draw.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME moderator on 07/06/2009 08:40:51