Yaw axis instability

TonyS

Hi everyone,
Anyone experienced a kind of  wild 'head-shaking' along the yaw axis of certain models (mainly the jet types) when using a Phoenix flight sim?
I'm curious as to whether this is simply a peculiarity of the physics of the sim or whether this really happens on models under certain circumstances.
I've just had it happen on the Sukhoi Park Flyer  - electric model sim.

On a slightly different matter connected to the Phoenix flight sim and helis....Anyone know how to tame the controls on the Phoenix to make the helis less wild and easier to control? Several hours of practicing and I still can't hover the T Rex 450 for more than a few seconds without having to make fairly wild corrections.

Thanks.

I generaly only see this when I have exceeded the VNE of a model that has been drastically overpowered..  It does seem easy to provoke this reaction in Phoenix but then I have never been brave enough to fly a real model with a 5:1 power to weight ratio!

I thought it was called Dutch rolling but it is a characteristic particularly of swept wing designs where the combination of the normal roll and yaw stability tends not to be fully self damping.

Most airliners have automatic roll dampers to eliminate it as if left unchecked it can make the passengers pretty sick!