Futaba challenger throttle spring

Sirio

Advert

Just to try and spring in here and stretch another idea, surely the throttle control consists of a ratchet and pawl? The pawl part is a leaf spring, or flat spring, sometimes known as the indent spring, or perhaps just the indent. This flat spring has a little notch on it which engages with the groove on the ratchet.
    To change modes you simply need to shift the flat spring over to the opposite stick and at the same time unclip the little cylindrical tension spring, this has a loop at either end, and attach it to the control from which you’ve taken the flat spring. As always, having the right tools does help, and a pair of fine long nosed pliers are invaluable. Needle-nosed are an even a better option!  I don’t think this is very difficult to do, but it can be a bit fiddly, and it’s easy to drop small bits into the innards of the tx.
    There are slight variations on this, sometimes you can alter the tensions on how hard the spring bears on the ratchet, to suit individual preference, and sometimes the grooves on the ratchet are even removed, heli aces do this, I believe.

So it seems that everything has it’s own little spring, it’s just simply what you decide to call it.

I hope everything here has sprung into place, and this is in the right mode to be of some help.            PB        

hi lads iv updated my profile sorry I'm totally new to this hobby.what it is i got a fataba challenger of a very  nice member on here and the radio is working but he said the throttle spring was broken,iv not actually opened the radio yet as iv bought another one from e bay for spares and i was going to open that first to make sure nothing falls out the good one.what is happening with the throttle is know how it ratchets well this one doesn't when you let it go it should stay in that position but it doesn't it just like drops if you now what i mean like there is not enough tension on the spring to let the ratchet work.hope this helps im so rubbish at wording what i mean.
thanks again sirio

If it's the springy ratchet pawl he's referring to it is possible that someone could have fitted a helicopter version - no ratchet just a smooth surface to stiffen the movement a little.  I don't know the Challenger but most Futaba stick units use a flat "brass" blade that will be obvious when you look at it as it will act on the plastic ratchet.

Swapping the throttle function to the other side is (IIRC) usually a case of moving the ratchet pawl and a plate over the throttle unit which depresses part of the mechanism to disable the spring tension.

hi,ok i opend the radio and its the mount for the little brass plate that is snaped so i used 5 min epoxy to repair it last night put it back together this morning and the epoxy isnent holding so i dont no if there is enything stronger i can use.

The type of plastic used is very diffficult to glue properly - you may find it better to carefully use superglue after thoroughly degreasing the parts. You may be able to "bodge" some sort of reinforcement side plates or whatever to add strength. I had this exact same problem with an early JR  set - ( may well be the one Phil currently has ) and managed to repair it fine with CA and appropriate kicker.

Thank you all very much for your help,thats it sorted i degresed the parts and a tate of superglue to keep it lined up as i hadent noticed but the mounting screw hole  whent a good bit throw the plastic bye the break,so i got a longer screw same diametre and replaced the screw and it is now very solid and the throttle stick works smothly with just the feel of the clicks of the ratchet.thanks again for all your help glad i joined this site or i whouldent dare to have opend the radio in the first place next to fix the one from e bay on a mission now lol.thank you