AVA Hobbies.co.uk

Hello All
I hope this is allowed, but I would just like to post to invite people to come and have a look at my new "almost finished"  on line store and for them to leave me some feed back as to what they think. 

The store should go live in a few weeks and I’m still working on putting all the pricing, weights and product details up.

The store will be mainly aimed at electric flight to start with but hopefully as things move on I’ll start to add  I/C stuff as well.

Al

Advert

Well that's a generic "giant cod " style website platform Alistair.
Until you actually have a reasonable selection of live stocks and prices etc its impossibe to rate it TBH.
What will be your USP Alistair?
Many similar companies already exist ( some would argue too many ) and everyone needs to have special something to stand out.
Plus - as a past CEO in the retail firm I worked at for 25 years once said,
"Anyone can sell cheap groceries - the trick is to make a profit " How true.
Applies of course to any seller of all goods.  I would expect that in order to be competitive in a flooded market, one has to shift very high volumes to generate a decent profit.
Furthermore, I will not deal with any company ( UK ) that does not provide a telephone number ( not mobile ) for contact purposes.
Lastly, - somewhat pedantic I know -  a plane is a tool for smoothing wood.
Its either aeroplane, or 'plane -I just find this attention to detail important myself, after all, one likes to think that the retailer does actually understand his business.
You did ask....

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 10/06/2009 16:37:01

All very valid points Timbo

And i'm glad for the feed back, the mobile number is only there as i wanted to put a number in before the store goes live, this will change to a land line number.

i take your point on the plane option but it's staying, so if you would like a motor for your tool let me know

Liking the cost of the motors . Ill have one of each at £0.00!

Only kidding! It looks pretty much exactly the same as the robot birds website! As timbo said, you need something special, and unless you are selling cheaper than Giant Cod I doubt you'll get much buisness from me!

Good luck in your buisness venture, Ben

Well done on what must have taken a lot of work Alastair. I'd second Tim's comments.

One issue I have with most generic retail websites like your own is with pictures....they're, in most cases, just too small, even clicking on a pic generates a tiny image that's not very clear. I like to see what I'm buying and a tiny or poor image really doesn't make want to spend money.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME moderator on 11/06/2009 07:20:08

Oh yeh, and I just thought of another... Paypal - will you be doing it?
If not, then I'm out on that one too I am afraid.
PS I did not mean to come across as purely critical or negative, but constrcuctive, justified criticsm is a better development tool than a pat on the back IYSWIM.
Best of luck Alistair. One thing did puzzle me about your earlier response
Why will you not change the description of the sub category to 'plane from plane
Your answer seemed quite defiant, yet gave no reason for being so?

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 11/06/2009 12:38:46