Hanger 9 - Pulse XT 60 - Electric Conversion Help

• 2 months later...
Advert

Sorry I've only justr seen this posting. I have had a Hanger 9 Pulse XT 60 since soon after they first came out and using an E Flite 60 woth 80amp esc and a 6s2P 6600 20C flightpower bought cheap when they moved to next generation have been enjoying 18 to 20 min flights with this lovely plane doing anything I can throw at it and (obviously) more. I had to modify the interior to take the long 6600 batteries but no problem and the spats have taken a biot of a hammering on our club grass field but just love it.

I can recommend the whole series 25e, 40, 60 and now 125  withouth hesitation as to being some of the best models flying for the average club flyer. Loverly.  Thanks Hanger 9.

Peter

• 1 year later...
Maidened my Pulse XT 60 yesterday it is a step up from the trainers I have flow in the past but by the end of the day I was getting used to it and it great to fly. I have an electric set up that is giving me 1300 watts on a 15x8 prop more than enough. If I need a new prop I will probably go down to a 14x8 (just to give an extra bit of clearance although I did not have a problem yesterday.
The motor was from hobby king so would not fit the supplied mount the new mount makes the motor sit a little higher than intended but not enough to allow me to drill new mounting holes. Not a real problem but it does mean the cowl does not line up with the spinner perfectly and that annoys me a little. ( I am being over fussy but it is a new model)
The cowl did come loose toward the end of the day and it was suggested the prop may be out of balance and causing vibration. I had a look today and found the supplies spinner to be the culprit (hanger 9 stuff is normally top notch). I ordered a new spinner that should solve the problem.
Landings did seem very long (any tips on shortening the landing)
I could help myself by altering the landing approach and come down at the very start of the runway but I am still a relative novice and a shorter landing would give me a little more room for error

Hi Phil

Congratulations on your maiden flight of your Pulse, they really are a great first low winger.

I know what you mean about the landing speed of your Pulse, it's designed to be a bit quicker your average high wing trainer but there again, that's low wingers all round.

The Pulse 60 has lots of dihedral for stability and it's relative low wing loading means that any stall should be slow and predictable, however I would recommend keeping a little bit of power on for the final touch down.

You could try introducing flaperons gradually, it's not something I have tried myself, start with just a little and increase their angle bit by bit.

My best advice is to practice your stalls at height, get to know your planes stall speed well, then try your approaches with a shallow approach, leaving plenty of approach time (long straight approach, lower altitude earlier). Make plenty of practice approaches before trying to land.

Enjoy!