Britflight Hustle

Advert

Bruce, im not sure on the actual build time - no more than a couple of hours.  And to answer Tony's question, what you dont see is time out for coffee and the dreaded oily rag in between scenes!

Glad you like the video Bryce, cant wait to see how she goes (looks out of window and sees still air and no rain!) 

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Guys.
I own 2 hustles and think they are great fun and very durable. 1 or 2 issues need to be addressed when building but nothing major. I've met the Britflight team at Old Warden and found them to be really enthusiastic and helpful, still not quite sure why my request for a symmetrical wing profile was met with such bemusement. Such a light airframe would be awesome as an aerobat parkflyer. Check out my youtube video "Britflight Hustle".
All filmed with my LG Mobile phone camera. It was a bit windy and wickedly overweight so it isn't particularly smooth. Thats my excuse and I'm sticking with it. It does look bent at the start of the video but it isn't, don't know why it does but who cares, it flys OK.

• 6 months later...
Went and flew my Hustle this afternoon after it being on a shelf for months. Great little flyer. My only criticisms are a soft canopy (made from a pop bottle?) which dents if you turn the plane over and probs during construction with the aileron servo rods getting in the way of the rudder & elevator servos when you fit the wing to the fuselage underside. Also had to devise a way to keep the front hatch closed. Britflight know about these minor issues and may have sorted them by now. My Hustle has a Jeti 4ch 35MHz receiver but will fit a Spektrum 6110 before too long so that I only have to take one Tx to the field. I used the CF2822 1200Kv motor with an 8 x 4 prop on 3S 1300, easy ROG from short grass and I did 3 flights using 2 batteries.

• 1 month later...
I've just built my Hustle and looking forward to its maiden flight at the weekend, weather permitting. It's the first model I've built in nearly 30 years so it took me a little longer than a couple of hours to build.

Did I see a thread somewhere asking for suggestions of new models for Britflight to manufacture? How about something the same size as the Hustle/Breeze but in a sports bi-plane? It seems there are very few good looking, quality build sports, electric bi-planes, and i love aircraft with a wingspan of 1mtr or less, they are so easy to carry in the back of my little Clio.

Steve

• 2 months later...
What attracted me to the Hustle was the nose wheel u/c, its small size and appearance. Apart from the minor issues I mentioned before it's a great little plane. Had dozens of flights with mine. Now using Spektrum rx and I had to swap the rudder servo because the only small servo I had spare when I built the plane was one out of a scrapped 35Mhz heli and it soon buzzed a lot and wouldn't centre properly. No more prob's now with a Supertec Naro servo instead.