WOT Trainer pushrods

Haffers

Having progressed steadily with this first build, I have encountered an issue and am curious if others have.
The pushrods for elevators and rudder go through plastic tubes. These come away from servo bay at different heights to attach to the rear controls but they are reversed from the info on the manual, i.e. elevator control should come out of left side of fuselage but comes out on the right.  Do I simply reverse the implementation of the instructions?

Apologies if a daft question but the manual specifically states doing things on the right side of the rudder and it may matter or it may not but I do not know

Advert

hello haffer's-if by reversed you mean they cross over in the middle of the fuz-this is common practice-i normally put a cross piece in the middle for support-wrap a bit of masking tape around the outside of the control pushrod(snake) and glue it to the crosspiece to keep it in place-bingo..all done/secure/last life of the model.............

ken anderson.......

p.s.-there's a few post's on this site re-the 'wot' trainer---check them out in the search above....

Edited By ken anderson. on 13/07/2009 08:40:07

Hi Haffers

If I recall, the snakes do cross over.

The final positioning of the snakes for the elevator and rudder are facilitated by a movable plate in the bulkhead behind the servos. Connect the snake inners to the servos, undo the screw a little and let the fixing plate find its own position. Lock in place and the snakes will be correctly aligned with the servo arms.

The destructions make no mention of this.......

Pete

Edited By Peter Ward on 13/07/2009 20:16:49

i think haffers means the instructions says exiting left side of fus but it comes out the right side, if i am getting your drift then i dont think it really matters either way.
where they exit the fuselage just see which one is closest to the control surface there should be a difference and connect it up and just remember which servo is doing which job, i hope that makes sense.

Andrew,  that was what I was trying to say but instructions ought to reflect how it is (yep, should no better).  First pop at this so a little nervy.

Annoyed as well about it as I was feeling the side waiting to feel the rod so I could cut a small hole and it popped out on the other side. Can be stuck down easily enough I guess and will not be the last bit of damage

cheers for responses