Foamyjets Service

Hi Pete, sorry to to hear you are having problems with foamyjets. I know Grant normally communicates pretty well - its not uncommon for us to be exchanging emails at midnight and beyond, and often this is followed up with a call from him in the morning! - so I do believe he does try hard to give a good service. Grant does frequent this forum as you know, but is away until Monday at Cosford, so I doubt he will be responding until at least then. I sahll ensure he gets to see this thread then, so in the meantime, please be patient ( sorry...more patient )

Advert

pete,

I have posted the order as pomised, i will ALSO completely refund you as well.
I am sorry you have recieved less than perfect service from us.I have explained what has happened. We are at the mercy of royal mail, on occasion this fails, this is one of those instances, I will give you a full refund and you will be getting your ordered items as promised. I dont believe there is not much more i can do then that.

Kindest regard

Grant

from a soaking wet/windy marquee at cosford,via blackberry

pete double posted, and transferring posts is a real pain  - I tried and it all got messed up, then I got mad, and oh to heck with it.....
best bet is to just follow this link here for petes original message.

http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=29959&p=1

Now the link thingy is bust ! I am off to the telly for a few hours

These computers are sent to try us..........when I made the original post, it was apparently rejected as the character limit had been exceeded. I checked the forum and it had not been posted. I then re-submitted the post in two parts and that was accepted. Unfortunately, everyone started responding to the incomplete post...........
I'll leave something on the site platform forum about it.

Just to tidy things up, I'll add the remainder of the original post here and then respond to Grant:

To Foamyjets' credit, I received an email a few minutes later:

"The reason your order has not been updated is because until it is actually delivered it would normally say processing, i have to update your order to this, but yes it has been posted as promised, and royal mail international mail can take up to 30 days but does not normally take that long.
And yes we do check the emails all day long and i have a blackberry that informs me of a email, as this one did and i am replying minutes after receiving it at 11 o clock at night.
Unfortunately the postal service in this country is far from perfect but to keep modelling costs down it is our only choice.
Kindest regards
Grant "

Note that despite me asking for the date of despatch, the reply avoids that  issue.

It is now 17th July, my Giantcod order from 10th July has been delivered (standard, not business post) and STILL there is nothing from Foamyjets. Presumably you use the same Royal Mail as Giantcod, Mr Foamyjets? If you had posted it after our contact on 6th July, should not the order have arrived 2 or 3 days ago? The order is still shown as 'pending' on the website, too.

Now, whilst all this has been happening, or not happening as the case may be, it is rather galling for me to see that  Mr. Foamyjets has clearly been busy attending shows, building an A380 and finding the time to discuss it in the A380 thread in the EDF forum.

Please, Mr Foamyjets, convince me that your priority is your business in providing a satisfactory service to your paying customers. I think I've already made it clear that I'm unlikely to return - this is to enlighten others as to the level of service I have received. I'm sure many of your customers are very happy with your service - I just wish you'd live up to your website pledges!

Pete

Grant,
Many thanks for your prompt response. I appreciate your generous gesture of a refund but it really is unnecessary - I wasn't looking for a freebie - all I wanted was the servos!
As your website says "We are modellers and realise that modellers are like us and want there goods quickly and as ordered."
It's as simple as that. Good luck and good weather at Cosford.

Pete

Interesting that you have been waiting for some servos.  I ordered a couple of metal geared servos and they took an age to arrive.   This was now months ago but even before i'd read this thread i thought to myself ' hmmmm foamyjets were the ones that kept me waiting for ages'

Not good in my eyes, ive ordered from many rc retailers on the net so i must have been cheesed off to remember this company in particular!  I cant think of any other company i wouldnt buy from again

The Irony here is that i didnt order the servos from hobbycity as i didnt want to wait for them to be delivered.  As it happens i wish i had as they would have been cheaper and arrived quicker from Hong Kong! 

• 3 weeks later...
Just to update anyone interested, despite Mr Foamyjets' frequent claims to have posted my order since early July, I was very surprised to receive an email on 28th July:

The status of your order id: 090623-202307-3345 has been changed to Completed

Our staff have added the following comments:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
new stock in,sent today first class recorded delivery

regard
grant

Am I to presume that this was the third or fourth set of servos to have been sent out, all failing to arrive due to the vagaries of Royal Mail, or have Foamyjets been, shall we say, economical with the truth? If you didn't have the stock, Foamyjets, you just had to say so, not keep your customers dangling on a string - or keep telling them it has been sent and blaming the lack of delivery on the Royal Mail!

I'll leave it for the forum members to draw their own conclusions.

Needless to say, despite Mr Foamyjets' promise to post it to me in France, it seems to have arrived at my local sorting office in the UK, which means it has to be collected by my family and posted on at further expense to me.......

Incidentally, having despaired of ever receiving anything from Foamyjets, I placed an order for the servos with this company. The servos were considerably cheaper than those from Foamyjets, and the postage was less than half the cost! The moral must be to do a lot more research before placing an order in future. As far as I am concerned, that research won't include the Foamyjets website, of course.............

Pete

Pete,

You obviousely have the need to complain....
lets get some facts right !

The previous order was lost in the post, and i not only gave you a FULL REFUND and sent another set out when new stock arrived as we ran out while you were waiting fo the first order to arrive.
so lets see..
it has cost you no money and you have a pair of the required servo's i have not asked for them to be paid for because of the wait you have had due to Royal Mail losing the first order i sent.
You may have to pay at best £5 to get them posted from your family to you.(what further expense??? you not out of pocket)
So seems to me other than a time frame delay you well up on the cost of the 2 servo's
Postage was £3.15 of which there is the cost of a Jiffy bag and £.77p for recorded delivery all of which you did not have to pay because i refunded it ALL.
The postage charge we charge is worked out by weight with the royal mail postage module.. and that does not take into account the jiffy bag cost.
But it seems you are one of these people who will never be satisfied and feel the need to complain.
Please before you make any suggestions about my integrity or truth think first because i will not allow you or anyone else have a go at myself or my company whithout giving the facts and without contacting me first. You posted on here today without even sending us  a email or phone call.
I shall no longer respond to messages on this thread as it is pointless you have the products free of charge and yet you still complain....

Grant
Foamyjets

Edited By Grant Wright - Mr Foamyjets on 03/08/2009 16:51:37