Hanger 9 Tango

I just bought a Hanger 9 Tango. I was sold it as a trainer but on getting it home it is more of an acrobatic model.

on low rates wil it be stable enough to use as a trainer I plan to fit a 40 engine.

It looks a quality model I have some experiance but as yet not passed my "A". is it worth giving it a go or have i been sold completly the wronge type of model.

"have i been sold completly the wronge type of model"

In a nutshell, yes. Its designed as an out and out 3D model for trying to convert old gentlemen to 3D flyers. Personally, i think its a completely barmy idea and they should leave the stick banging to the 3D dudes. Thats why it looks like a piper cub, but handles like an Edge 540.

Reading your profile, i suggest you get a cheap and cheerful 40 size trainer, a good instructor and a buddy box before moving onto an aerobatic ship.

Edited By Jonathan Lewzey on 24/07/2009 17:03:05

i wouldnt know because ive never had one but from people ive spoke to people with models like these. they will be gentle and easy on low rates and fly quite slowley as i say ive never had one so my opinion may not be exactly right.

i had a go on a similar model when i was lerning and i found it quite nice to fly

like jonothan says there isnt any problems with a 40 sized trainer like the segul boomerang

its a bit late now as i started to assemble it (drilled some holes in it)

I have ordered another trainer and keep this one for later use. after reading a recent review the tango can be set up to fly more like a trainer. but it wont be as stable as a traditonal trainer ( I did raise my concern with the shop but thay asured me from personal experiance it was suitable )

I am stuck with it now (and i do regret it a little) i will need to raise my skill level so it wont go to waist

• 2 weeks later...
Rudder Low Rate     2inch Right/Left

the control throws in the manual are layed out as above. Does this mean a 2inch movement from center to the left and another 2 inch movement to the right. or is this 2inch travel in total ie 1 inch left and one inch right? Please i need some help

Yes, the manual means 2 inch left and 2 inch right. However, if you really are going to use is as a trainer you would get away with 1 inch either side. You could probably get away with half the suggested throws on both the ailerons and elevators as well. Remember, those control surfaces are massive, so don't need much movement to have alot of effect.

I set it up and took it out for a maden . it flew well and very stable to start with too stable as i was finding it hard to turn untill i adden some more aileron. it glides well and very slow if you want. in some ways its easyer to fly than my old trainer.

I am very pleased with it