Capiche 140 ARTF

b52

I have been looking for a pattern flyer of about 2 metres and am impressed with what i have heard about the Capiche.  I want to buy a model which i could put an evolution 26gx petrol motor in.  I would also prefer to use a tuned pipe or the optional quiet pipe which is designed for the evolution motor.  Has anybody else used this combination or could anybody suggest an alternative petrol engine or tuned pipe or cannister for this model ?  It has a pipe tunnel built in, although i dont think it will be long enough for the evolution quiet pipe.  Any suggestions ?

Thanks

b52

don't think 26cc petrol is enough for a 2 meter pattern flyer, more ideal for a 6 foot plane but you'd need to keep it light. If you can fit it in the cowl of something around the 1.6 meter mark, you would get very good performance. The capiche would fly with it if you kept it very light but you'd find it a bit slugish.

Hi James thanks for the advice. I am really keen on the capiche. I have been looking for a model of this size for some months. I am not keen on the edge 540s or the yaks as they do not have the longer and deeper fuselage. I mostly fly a sportsman aviation excelleron 50 with a saito 82 which is my first experience of a pattern flier  and it is the best model I have flown. I now want to go up to a 2 metre size but with a petrol motor for economy. The evolution 26 with a pipe should produce about 9000 revs with a 16x8 prop. about 3.7 hp. torque should be 2.18 ft-lb at 8000 revs. I would use the evolution 35 but it jumps up by 555 grams to 1655 including the ignition system. I do not know of an alternative motor of this size and price which would be lighter in weight. The capiche with the 26cc should give a dry weight of about 12-12.5lb. Any thoughts ?

Bill